Information You Provide Us
When you register for a Quizac account, we may collect some personal information, such as your location, your date of birth, your school category, your personal bio, and/or your degree concentration. in some cases, your credit card information. This information is only used to help personalize the product experience and our communications with you.
You may also be able to send information about our apps, products and services to your friends and family members by clicking on an “email to friend” or similar button in our apps or in one of our emails. In some of these cases (unless you simply forward our email on your own), you may provide the name and email address of your friend or family member to us, and such information will be treated securely, in accordance with this Agreement and applicable law.
If you provide information on your address or location, we may similarly retain this information throughout your time as a registered user.
Finally, if you create educational content in Quizac, this information is permanently stored on our servers. See "Data Retention" for information about removing educational content from our servers.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Product
Each time you log into and/or use our product, we automatically collect information about your activity, which we use to continually customize our product, analyze technology performance, and refine our private communications with you. This information may include the following:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Platform, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; Platform pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Platform.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Platform, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Platform based on your consent to the collection of this information.
- Learning Activity: As a core part of our product offering, we store information about your study frequency and your progress toward learning various topics. If you share content you have created with other users, we may collect information about their learning activity as well.
- Web and Mobile Usage Analytics: We may use internal or third-party analytics technologies, such as Google Analytics, Fabrics, to track your activity such as page views, clicks, time on page, and other standard usage information. The security of this information is guaranteed by our third-party analytics partners.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers collect information using various technologies, including cookies and pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels). Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Platform and your experience, and track usage of our Platform. Pixel tags are electronic images that may be used in our Platform or emails, and track usage of our Platform and effectiveness of communications. Most web browsers enable you to disable Cookies, but such actions may limit or prohibit the product from functioning properly.
- Other Information:With your specific permission, we may collect other information from your device, such as photos from your camera roll.
Information We May Collect From Third Parties
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Platform you elect to use, but only where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us. Examples include:
- Social Media Services: If you register or log into your Quizac account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, and used for purposes such as improving your Quizac experience. We may also have access to third-party account information if you use Quizac to share a link.
- Invitations: If another member sends you an invitation through our Platform, we may receive certain personal information, such as your name, email address, or phone number. If you are an invited guest, we will automatically send you an invitation to our Platform, and, if unanswered, a one-time follow-up invitation. Quizac stores this contact information only to send these invitations and evaluate their success. You may unsubscribe from future invitations using the instructions in those messages.
- Member Content: We may receive information about you when you or another member uploads photos or posts other content to the Platform.
- Information From Other Third-Party Sources: In order to provide you with more tailored recommendations, we may obtain information about you from publicly and commercially available sources and other third parties as permitted by law. For more information about the data that we obtain from these providers, please contact us
Our Use of Your Information
We may use your information to analyze the performance of our product and to personalize your experience. These activities may include:
- Monitor trends and analytics about your usage, to help our product team refine the experience for all users.
- Display relevant information to you, such as the topics you are studying and your progress toward various mastery goals.
- Suggest educational content that you may be interested in.
- Detect potential fraud or abuse.
- Perform administrative, legal, or accounting work.
- Communicate with you about topics that we feel may be of interest.
- Display advertisements or other product offerings based on your interests.
Sharing of Your Information
While we take your information privacy very seriously, some of the less sensitive data you provide us is public by default. This may include:
- The educational content that you create: Topic questions and other materials created in Quizac may be discovered by other users on the Quizac marketplace. You may opt to make your content private and inaccessible to others, though this feature may entail a fee.
- Your study progress: Your study achievements may be highlighted on public Leader boards. No personal, non-publicly available information about you is revealed on these Leader boards
- Your user profile: If you choose to provide optional information such as gender, full name, this information may be available on your user profile.
In addition, we may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Platform to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
You may cancel your Quizac account at any time. These options is only possible by contacting us using the Contact option on our website or mobile apps.
Quizac reserves the right to indefinitely preserve a record of your user-provided information and your product usage analytics, even after you have ceased using the product. We preserve this information for the following purposes:
- So you can use our Platform;
- To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To provide you with a refund, if entitled;
- To provide accurate accounting information to other members about the groups that they organize or administer, and associated memberships;
- To better understand the traffic to our Platform so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience;
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Platform, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
While you reserve the right to delete or unpublished educational content that you have created, you recognize that complete content deletion is not possible if other users have already begun to study your content. If other users are already studying your content, then you may simply mark the content as private (and limited only to the users already studying it), and/or remove that content from your account and dissociate yourself from it.
At any time, you may enable or disable the connection between our Platform and any third-party accounts or social media platforms with which it has been associated.
To protect your privacy, you can also feel free to use an anonymous name or pseudonym rather than your real first and last name. You can change profile information at any time using your Account settings.
If a user posts information about you on their public profile or in their educational content, you may contact the user to request its removal. If that is not possible, then you may contact us using the Contact option on our website or mobile app, and we will help you address the issue.
From time to time, we may obtain lists of people who may be interested in our products and services from third-parties. We may use these lists to send direct marketing promotions by email. If, after receiving such an email, you do not wish to receive future promotions via email, please follow in the mail to opt out.
Third Party “Linked-To” Websites
When you are in our apps you may be able to visit or link to other sites not operated by us. We do not control such sites and we are not responsible for the information practices of these sites. This Agreement does not address the information practices of those other Websites, and we encourage you to read the posted privacy policies of such sites.
Legally Compelled Disclosures
We may disclose user information when compelled to do so by government authorities or otherwise as required or permitted by law, such as to respond to court orders and subpoenas. We also may disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interfering with our rights or property, other customers or users of the app, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us any time by using the Contact option available in our website and app.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow us to recognize your device.
Quizac ads: We may partner with third party publishers, advertising networks and service providers to manage our ads on other sites. Our third party partners may set cookies on your device or use the technologies described below to gather information about your activities on the Platform and other sites and online services you use, in order to provide you with Quizac ads that match member profiles or interests. For example, if you visit our Platform and also use a social media platform, you may see a Quizac ad on those social media platforms.
Third party advertisers: We may work with advertisers, and advertising service providers to serve ads that may be relevant to you based on your inferred interests, location or other information collected about you, which may use a cookie or the technologies described below, placed by Quizac or the third party (although we would not share any other information that identifies you with an advertiser) on our Platform, or on a third party website or online service. The placing of these technologies on your device may enable you to be identified across multiple websites and online services.
Duration of Cookies: Some cookies, known as "session cookies", will stay on your device only for as long as you are accessing our Platform. Others, known as "persistent cookies", are stored on your device for longer periods.
Use of Other Technologies: We may allow others to provide analytics services and serve advertisements on our behalf. In addition to the uses of cookies described above, these entities may use other methods, such as the technologies described below, to collect information about your use of the Platform and other websites and online services. Pixels tags. Pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels), are small pieces of code that can be embedded on websites and emails. Pixels tags may be used to learn how you interact with our site pages and emails, and this information helps us and our partners provide you with a more tailored experience.
Device Identifiers: A device identifier is a unique label can be used to identify a mobile device. Device identifiers may be used to track, analyze and improve the performance of the Platform and ads delivered.
Local storage: Local storage is an industry-standard technology that enables the storage and retrieval of data on a computer, mobile phone or other device. Local storage may be used to store member preferences on devices.
Most devices and web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may be able to remove or reject cookies. You can learn more about how to block cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Platform.
Revisions to this Policy
In the event that Quizac or all or a portion of its business, or one or more of its divisions, is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets.
You agree that you will not:
- Post copyrighted material to our apps without written permission from the copyright holder.
- Impersonate any person, including a Quizac employee or agent using our apps.
- Violate any local, state, or national law through or on our apps.
- Harass people through or on this Website;
- Collect or store data about other people using our apps.
- Use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our apps.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of our apps.
- Use our apps in any manner other than as expressly authorized in this Agreement.
- Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content in our apps.
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, or resell any portion of our apps' software code or content.
The apps are intended for the use of children over the age of 13 and adult of 18 years or older. Children under the age of 13 may only access the Site under strict adult supervision. No adult over the age of 18 years may attempt to contact children under 13 through our apps.
Scope Of License
In exchange for your acceptance of this Agreement, you are authorized to use the Site, but only for personal and noncommercial purposes unless such purposes are expressly granted in an agreement beyond this Agreement with our apps.
The apps contain material that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, and the Website itself is protected as a collective work under the copyright laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and other countries. You may not download, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit, any component of the apps.
You may link to the home page of the Website as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light. Please let us know if you link to the Website by contacting us at info@Quizac.com.
You may not frame the content of the Informational Site. You may not use metatags or any other “hidden text” that incorporates the Quizac Trademarks or our name without our express written consent.
You will indemnify and hold Quizac, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of this Website, your violation of this Agreement, or your violation of any rights of a third party.
Modifications to Service
Quizac reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service or any part of it with or without notice. Quizac will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the apps.
Individuals may obtain a membership with the apps without paying a fee. In addition, Quizac may charge fees to access certain components of the apps. If you must pay a fee to access a component of the Service, this information will be posted by Quizac in our apps. You may use a credit card to pay these fees. When you provide credit card information to Quizac, you represent to Quizac that you are the authorized user of the credit card. Quizac reserves the right to change its fees or billing methods.
We employ technical and organizational measures designed to appropriately protect your information that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers. We train employees regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and permit authorized employees to access information on a need to know basis, as required for their role. We use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
In exchange for your access to the Website, you agree not to take any steps that are intended to or could damage, inhibit, or prevent operation of the Website or that could cause injury to yourself, to us, or to anyone else.
Without limitation, you agree not to attempt to:
- Modify the apps or make it possible for you or someone else to access the apps without using an interface that we provide (including through the use of spiders or robots, except to facilitate the creation of public search engines that catalog publicly accessible portions of the apps);
- Introduce viruses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Damage, disable, overburden, impair, or gain unauthorized access to the apps or our servers, computer network, or user accounts;
- Collect information about other users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited bulk or other communications, or for any other purpose not explicitly authorized by us;
- Falsify, conceal, or modify information identifying yourself or another user, including Internet Protocol header information;
- Use our servers, networks, or other facilities for any purpose not explicitly authorized by us, including for the transmission of messages not authorized by us, or to interfere with or cause damage to the apps or any other service operated by us or any other party; or
- Take any other action that we, in our exclusive discretion, believe may damage or injure you, us, or any third party.
Where you have a password, which enables you to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password complex, secure, and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may select the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page of the app. You will be sent an email that allows you to reset your password.
Transfer of Data Outside of Your Home Country
Your information may be stored, processed and accessed in countries where Quizac has facilities. By using the apps, you consent to the transfer of information outside your country.